Skip to main content

Sites that promote stopping crossdressing...

I have been to a number of these sites in my life. The sites where the repentant crossdresser has found a way to cure his “addiction” and promises to never do it again. We are not always entirely clear about how and why they began and we understand little about their motivation to stop. They usually state in some fashion that they feel they are doing something wrong.

When I was in my teens and as far as my mid thirties I had no fear about conquering this “habit” of mine and felt that I could easily control it if I desired and so when I went to these sites I believed them. I knew that I only indulged my impulses a few times a year and then purged all of my things. Along with that purge came the promise to never do it again.

But the urge would always return and, with the passing of time, with increasing intensity.

I began to be truly concerned in my early forties when I began to understand that this was something I might be permanently saddled with and needed to address. I needed to find a cure so I began my treatment at the hospital gender clinic in an earnest attempt to find a solution.

That solution ultimately became self acceptance.

For the young people who may find themselves at one of these stop crossdressing sites, my only counsel would be to understand at best as you can who you are first. You may have arrived at the webpage of a person who is nothing like you and has different motivations for crossdressing. What they find objectionable about it need not be your concern and you should not use their arguments as ammunition for stopping.

If crossdressing helps you to stay balanced and sane then by all means continue. If, on the other hand, it harms your life in some ways then try to curb it or even cease if you are able.

Remember that there is nothing intrinsically wrong with crossdressing. If it runs your life and prevents you from being the best employee, parent, partner or friend that you can be then there may be something harmful in it for you. Conversely, it could be just part of what makes you tick and you should indulge it to the degree that it bolsters your psyche and helps you live as the person you were meant to.

There are no two people who are alike in this world so the ultimate judgement call needs to come from you.

Accepting your crossdressing could prevent you from a transition you might regret because while you are in that state of confusion about what your activity may or may not mean, you could fall prey to thinking that it would be better to be a normal woman rather than an abnormal male.

Renee Richards, who now considers she was a lifelong committed transvestite, wishes that someone had stopped her from transitioning and offered alternative treatment methods. She now deeply regrets her transition.

If you are a woman then you should transition but you should only do so when you come to terms with who you truly are. Dreaming about the aspects you think you would relish about being a woman can lead you into a deep pink fog which can sometimes confuse things. I know because I was deep in the throes of that process at one time; a good deal of it is chronicled here in this blog.

There is nothing wrong with being a crossdressing male and if that’s what you are then you should be glad that’s all there is. If there is something more to your cross-dressing however, then you will know it in time. Your heart will let you know.

My recent work with a therapist, who helped me deal with issues pertinent to my relationship with N, had him offering me this statement:
“You are a unique human being and what you do is different from anyone else. You are being true to your nature and are happier for it and have learnt to truly be yourself”

He was right.

Comments

  1. Your points are all good and valid. The old saying about time healing all wounds is partially on point. It takes time for things to develop and come clear. On a personal level I am comfortable being a cross dresser. I often say that my 'coming out' as a CD was the longest in histore because it took me decades to reach a comfort level with the activity, its urges and impulses.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now comfortable with that description as well. It does indeed take decades...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise words. The best advice on personal matters comes from inside. Nobody knows you like you know yourself, you are your own best counsellor. If you can understand how you really feel, then it's best to act on that.

    I would also say that other people - or what they have written - can very often be an aid to that understanding. They can introduce you to ideas and concepts that you would never otherwise know about. So it pays not to hide from a cross-dressing habit, but face up to it, and research information about it, including the formal medical theory and all shades of published personal experience. Having absorbed this spectrum of opinion, it will be easier to see what to do and where to go.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lucy. I value your input because you run a very lucid and well writren blog which I have visited from time to time...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

prejudice disguised as objective rectitude

So here is Professor Jordan Peterson perhaps justly calling out the excesses of political correctness gone mad. But then he extends it to not indulging transgender people the basic dignity of being addressed in their preferred pronoun. To do so for him would cost nothing and to stand on literal principle seems to serve little use other than to send a message of disdain.

If you have transitioned or even live as the opposite gender is costs me nothing to address you in your preferred pronouns. What difference does it make to me and what am I trying to tell you when I don't?

Peterson wants to stand on his rights to call reality what it is except that in this case the exact objective escapes me. But of course the right wing Federalist is in love with him because he calls a spade a spade.

If I see a rock I can call it that but then the rock doesn’t have any feelings. To address a transgender woman "her" and "she" is not undermining my rights as a person in any way b…

looking past cross gender arousal

Jack’s latest Crossdreamers post got me thinking about cross gender arousal and how it could be avoided; also whether it even matters. This with particular focus on the inability to relate of someone on the outside looking in.

You see, sexuality is a very complicated thing to begin with and when you then add gender identity ambiguity it becomes a recipe to really confuse someone.

So imagine that you are a little boy who identifies as a girl but then along comes puberty and short circuits everything by having the sex you identify with also be the sex you are attracted to. For in essence this is what happens to all all male to female gender dysphoric trans persons who are attracted to women.

So I ask myself: can I imagine a scenario where this inherent contradiction would not produce sexual confusion? The answer is that I cannot.

I am in the unique position, like many of you, to have experienced an early identification with the feminine become sexualized later on. This brought confusion…

"Oh please its 2016!"

I have mentioned before that I have a lovely young couple living above the unit next to mine. Well the other day as I was getting in the door, she and I overlapped for the first time with me dressed as a woman.

We had a nice conversation and at some point I mentioned the obvious which was that I had told her future husband that they might see me in a different guise from time to time so they wouldn't wonder about who the strange woman was. She just looked at me almost rolling her eyes while smiling from ear to ear and said:

"Oh Please it's 2016!"

For the record she was also very complementary regarding my choice of attire.

I could care less at this point in my life what people think but it is still lovely to see the millennial generation's freedom of spirit and acceptance so lacking in previous generations. Yes they have their own foibles, as does every generation, but this area certainly isn't one of them.